Root Canal Therapy In East London: Book Now!
Root canal therapy can help alleviate pain, prevent tooth loss, and restore your oral health. We provide a comfortable and efficient root canal therapy experience, ensuring a quick recovery and minimal discomfort. Book your appointment with us today to restore your tooth’s health with root canal therapy.
Providing Quality Dental Care With Experienced Doctors
Get a dental health checkup with a dentist that has your best interest in mind and offers fair rates.
1. Book An Appointment
Visit our website and book an appointment with one of our experienced dentists.
2. Come In For A Consultation
Our team will sit down with you and discuss your dental needs and goals.
3. Get The Perfect Smile
We’ll work with you to develop a treatment plan that will get you the perfect smile.
Book Your Appointment In A Few Steps
Root canal treatment, also known as endodontic treatment, is a dental procedure used to treat infections and damage in the pulp of a tooth. This treatment can save your natural tooth and prevent the need for extraction.
At Every Smile Dentistry in East London, we offer root canal treatment to our patients as a way to preserve their oral health and restore the function and appearance of their smile.
Reasons Why One May Need a Root Canal
Root canal treatment is done when the soft inner part of the tooth, called the pulp, is damaged, inflamed, or infected. The crown (the visible part of the gum) remains intact even when the pulp dies. Removing damaged or infected pulp is the best way to preserve tooth structure.
Common causes of damage to pulp are:
- Deep caries due to untreated cavities
- Multiple dental procedures on the same tooth
- chipped or cracked tooth
- Tooth damage (a blow in the mouth can damage the tooth; even if the damage does not break the tooth, the pulp can be damaged)
Before the procedure, our dentist will conduct a comprehensive examination to determine if root canal treatment is necessary. This examination may include X-rays to help identify the location and extent of the infection or damage. If root canal treatment is recommended, our dentist will explain the procedure, answer any questions you may have, and discuss the options for anesthesia to ensure your comfort during the treatment.
During a root canal procedure, the dentist or endodontist will remove the infected or damaged pulp (soft tissue inside the tooth) and clean out the root canals before filling and sealing them. Here is what patients can expect during the procedure:
- Numbing or anesthesia: Before the procedure, the dentist will administer a local anesthetic to numb the area around the affected tooth. In some cases, a sedative may also be provided to help the patient relax.
- Accessing the root canals: After the numbing takes effect, the dentist will create an opening in the top of the tooth to access the pulp and root canals. They will then use special instruments to remove the infected or damaged tissue and debris from the canals.
- Cleaning and shaping the canals: The dentist will use small files to clean and shape the canals, ensuring that all infected tissue and debris is removed. They may also use an antimicrobial solution to disinfect the canals and reduce the risk of infection.
- Filling and sealing the canals: Once the canals are clean and dry, the dentist will fill them with a rubber-like material called gutta-percha and seal the opening with a temporary filling.
- Follow-up treatment: After the procedure, the patient will need to schedule a follow-up appointment with their dentist to have a permanent filling or crown placed on the tooth to restore its function and protect it from further damage.
Concerns about discomfort during the procedure are common, but the dental practice will work to minimize pain and discomfort as much as possible.
The local anesthetic will numb the area around the affected tooth, so the patient should not feel any pain during the procedure. In some cases, the dentist may also prescribe pain medication or recommend over-the-counter pain relievers to manage any discomfort after the procedure.
Additionally, modern techniques and technology have made root canals less painful and more efficient, allowing for a quicker recovery time.
Patients can discuss any concerns they have about the procedure with their dentist or endodontist to ensure they feel as comfortable as possible during the process.
The root canal process may require more than one visit depending on the extent of the damage and the complexity of the case.
Your dentist will provide you with specific instructions for post-treatment care, which may include avoiding certain foods and maintaining good oral hygiene habits to prevent further infection or damage to the treated tooth.
- Relieves pain and discomfort: Root canal treatment is often used to alleviate severe pain and discomfort associated with an infected or damaged tooth. The treatment removes the infected or inflamed pulp from the tooth, which can reduce or eliminate pain and discomfort.
- Saves your natural tooth: Root canal treatment can help you save your natural tooth and prevent the need for extraction. Extracting a tooth can result in additional dental problems, including shifting of surrounding teeth and difficulties in chewing and speaking.
- Restores the function and appearance of your smile: Once the infected or damaged pulp is removed, the tooth is cleaned and filled with a special material. This helps to restore the function and appearance of the tooth, allowing you to eat, speak, and smile with confidence.
- Prevents the spread of infection: If left untreated, an infected tooth can lead to the spread of bacteria and infection to other teeth and gums in the mouth. Root canal treatment removes the source of the infection and helps to prevent further complications.
- Cost-effective: Root canal treatment is a cost-effective alternative to tooth extraction and replacement with a dental implant or bridge. While the initial cost of the treatment may be higher than a simple extraction, the long-term cost savings can be significant.
- Improves overall health: Dental infections have been linked to a range of health problems, including heart disease, diabetes, and stroke. By treating an infected tooth with root canal therapy, you can improve your overall health and well-being.
Overall, root canal treatment is a safe and effective way to save your natural tooth and restore your oral health. If you are experiencing dental pain or discomfort, contact Every Smile Dentistry in East London to schedule a consultation with our experienced team.
After a root canal procedure, it is important to take care of the treated tooth to ensure proper healing and to prevent further complications. Here are some general aftercare instructions:
- Avoid chewing on the treated tooth: For the first few days after the procedure, avoid chewing or biting down on the treated tooth. This will allow time for the tooth to heal and for any temporary filling to set properly.
- Take pain medication as directed: You may experience some mild discomfort or sensitivity after the procedure. Your dentist may recommend over-the-counter pain medication, such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen, to help manage any pain or discomfort.
- Maintain good oral hygiene habits: Continue to brush and floss your teeth as normal, being careful around the treated tooth. You may also want to rinse your mouth with saltwater or an antimicrobial mouthwash to promote healing and prevent infection.
- Follow-up appointments: Your dentist may schedule a follow-up appointment to check on the healing process and to place a permanent restoration, such as a crown, over the treated tooth.
- Watch for signs of infection: If you experience severe pain, swelling, or discharge from the treated tooth, it may be a sign of infection. Contact your dentist right away if you experience any of these symptoms.
By following these aftercare instructions, you can help ensure proper healing and prevent any complications following your root canal procedure. It is also important to maintain regular dental check-ups and cleanings to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
Why Choose Us for Your Root Canal Treatment?
At Every Smile Dentistry, we understand that undergoing a root canal procedure can be stressful and nerve-wracking. That’s why we’ve created a comfortable and welcoming environment where you can feel relaxed and confident in your treatment. Here are just a few reasons why you should choose us for your root canal:
- Expertise and Experience: Our team of highly skilled dentists and endodontists have extensive experience in performing root canal procedures. We use the latest techniques and technology to ensure that your treatment is as efficient, effective, and pain-free as possible.
- Personalized Care: We know that every patient’s needs are different, and we take the time to get to know you and understand your unique situation. Our personalized approach means that we’ll work with you to develop a treatment plan that meets your individual needs and goals.
- State-of-the-Art Facilities: Our practice is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and technology, including digital X-rays and advanced anesthesia techniques, to ensure that your root canal procedure is safe, efficient, and comfortable.
- Friendly and Caring Staff: Our team is dedicated to providing you with compassionate and personalized care. We’ll answer any questions you have and make sure you feel comfortable throughout the entire root canal process.
- Flexible Scheduling: We understand that your time is valuable, which is why we offer flexible scheduling options to fit your busy schedule. We’ll work with you to find a time that’s convenient for you and make sure that you’re seen promptly when you arrive.
At Every Smile Dentistry, we’re committed to providing you with the best possible root canal experience. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and see why we’re the best choice for your dental needs.
Every Smile Dentistry Treatments
Every Smile Dentistry is a professional dental practice that includes General, Cosmetic, Aesthetic, and Emergency for you and your family with a team of experienced dentists and friendly prices.
After a root canal procedure, you should avoid chewing or biting down on the treated tooth for the first few days. You should also avoid eating hard or crunchy foods that may cause discomfort or damage to the tooth. It is also important to avoid smoking and consuming alcohol as they can slow down the healing process.
Before a root canal procedure, you should continue to maintain good oral hygiene habits, including brushing and flossing your teeth regularly. You should also avoid eating or drinking anything for a few hours prior to the procedure if you are receiving local anesthesia.
It is important to inform your dentist of any medications you are taking, including over-the-counter medications, as they may interact with the anesthesia or other medications used during the procedure.
The healing time for a root canal procedure can vary depending on the extent of the damage and the complexity of the case. In general, it may take a few days to a week for the treated tooth to fully heal, and you may experience some mild discomfort or sensitivity during this time.
Your dentist may schedule a follow-up appointment to check on the healing process and to place a permanent restoration, such as a crown, over the treated tooth.
No, you do not typically need bed rest after a root canal procedure. However, it is recommended to avoid strenuous activity or exercise for the first few days following the procedure to allow time for the tooth to heal. You may also want to rest or limit your activities if you experience any pain or discomfort after the procedure.
It is important to follow any specific instructions provided by your dentist for post-treatment care to ensure proper healing and prevent any complications.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT US
Don't just take our word for it.
What Are You Waiting For...
Make an appointment
Get a dental health checkup with a dentist that has your best interest in mind and offers fair rates.