Gum Therapy In East London: Book Now!
We provide a range of gum therapy options, including scaling and root planing and antibiotic treatment. With our expertise, you can restore the health and appearance of your gums, preventing tooth loss and other oral health issues.
Providing Quality Dental Care With Experienced Doctors
Get a dental health checkup with a dentist that has your best interest in mind and offers fair rates.
1. Book An Appointment
Visit our website and book an appointment with one of our experienced dentists.
2. Come In For A Consultation
Our team will sit down with you and discuss your dental needs and goals.
3. Get The Perfect Smile
We’ll work with you to develop a treatment plan that will get you the perfect smile.
Book Your Appointment In A Few Steps
Gum therapy also termed as oral deep cleaning is the best way to maintain healthy gums and teeth, as well as prevent tooth decay.
Gum therapy is a preventative treatment that helps you to keep your mouth clean and healthy by removing plaque and preventing tartar buildup on your teeth.
It can even save you money in the long run, as it helps to prevent cavities and other gum conditions that can lead to more costly procedures down the line.
Who Needs Gum Therapy
Gum therapy, also known as periodontal therapy or deep cleaning, is typically recommended for individuals with gum disease.
Gum disease is a common condition that is caused by a buildup of plaque and tartar on the teeth and gums, which can lead to inflammation and infection.
Some common signs and symptoms of gum disease include:
- Red, swollen, or tender gums
- Bleeding gums, especially during brushing or flossing
- Receding gums or teeth that appear longer than normal
- Loose teeth
- Persistent bad breath or a bad taste in the mouth
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, it is important to schedule an appointment with a dentist or periodontist for an evaluation. Depending on the severity of the gum disease, gum therapy may be recommended.
In addition to individuals with gum disease, gum therapy may also be recommended for individuals with a history of gum disease, as well as those who have certain risk factors for gum disease, such as smoking or diabetes.
Overall, if you are experiencing symptoms of gum disease or have a history of gum disease, it is important to schedule an appointment with a dentist or periodontist to discuss whether gum therapy is a good option for you.
The preparation process for gum therapy typically involves the following steps:
- Consultation: The first step is to schedule a consultation with a dentist or periodontist to assess the extent of the gum disease and determine the appropriate treatment plan.
- Medical history review: The dentist or periodontist will review your medical history to identify any conditions or medications that could affect the treatment.
- Oral exam: The dentist or periodontist will perform a comprehensive oral exam to evaluate the health of your gums, teeth, and jawbone. This may include X-rays to assess the extent of the gum disease.
- Treatment plan: Based on the exam findings, the dentist or periodontist will develop a treatment plan that may include deep cleaning, antibiotics, or surgery.
- Pre-treatment instructions: Before the procedure, the dentist or periodontist will provide instructions on how to prepare for the treatment. This may include avoiding certain foods or medications that can interfere with the procedure.
Overall, the preparation process for gum therapy involves a thorough evaluation of the extent of the gum disease and the development of a personalized treatment plan. With proper preparation and follow-up care, gum therapy can help improve the health of your gums and teeth.
The procedure involves cleaning the teeth and gums to remove plaque and tartar buildup, which can cause inflammation and infection. Here’s what patients can expect during the gum therapy procedure:
- Numbing or Anesthesia: Before the procedure begins, the dental professional will assess the patient’s gum health and determine whether any anesthesia or numbing agent is necessary. Depending on the severity of the gum disease and the patient’s pain tolerance, the dental professional may apply a topical numbing agent or administer a local anesthetic to ensure the patient feels comfortable throughout the procedure.
- Deep Cleaning: Once the patient is comfortable, the dental professional will begin the deep cleaning process. This involves scaling and root planing, which is the removal of plaque and tartar from the teeth and gums. The dental professional will use special tools to scrape away buildup from above and below the gum line. They will also smooth out any rough spots on the tooth root to prevent further buildup.
- Gum Tissue Adjustment: If the gum disease has caused gum tissue to recede, the dental professional may need to adjust the gum tissue. They may use a procedure called gum grafting, which involves taking tissue from another part of the mouth and attaching it to the receded gum line. Alternatively, the dental professional may use a laser to remove damaged tissue and stimulate gum tissue growth.
- Follow-Up Visits: Gum therapy is usually not a one-time procedure. Patients will need to schedule follow-up visits to monitor their gum health and make any necessary adjustments. The dental professional may recommend frequent cleanings, scaling and root planing, or other treatments to keep the gums healthy.
In terms of discomfort during the procedure, some patients may experience sensitivity or mild discomfort. However, the dental practice will work to minimize pain and discomfort as much as possible.
They may use a numbing agent, offer a sedative, or provide headphones with music to help patients relax. It’s important for patients to communicate any discomfort or concerns to their dental professional, so they can make adjustments to the procedure accordingly.
Gum therapy, also known as periodontal therapy or deep cleaning, has several benefits for individuals with gum disease. These benefits include:
- Improved gum health: Gum therapy removes plaque and tartar buildup from below the gum line, helping to reduce inflammation and prevent gum disease from progressing.
- Reduced risk of tooth loss: Gum disease is a leading cause of tooth loss in adults. Gum therapy can help prevent tooth loss by removing bacteria that can weaken the supporting structures of the teeth.
- Fresher breath: Gum disease can cause bad breath. By removing plaque and tartar buildup, gum therapy can help to freshen breath.
- Reduced risk of other health problems: Research has linked gum disease to a number of other health problems, including heart disease, stroke, and diabetes. Gum therapy may help to reduce the risk of these conditions by improving gum health.
- Improved appearance: Gum disease can cause gums to become red, swollen, and tender. By treating gum disease, gum therapy can help to improve the appearance of the gums and teeth.
Overall, gum therapy is an effective treatment for gum disease that can help improve the health of your gums and teeth, as well as reduce the risk of other health problems.
If you are experiencing symptoms of gum disease, it is important to schedule an appointment with a dentist or periodontist as soon as possible to discuss treatment options.
After your gum therapy cleaning, it’s crucial to brush your teeth twice a day with either an electric toothbrush or a toothbrush with soft bristles in order to prevent recurrence. Additionally, you should floss frequently and consume a healthy, balanced diet that is high in fruits and vegetables.
As well as avoiding cigarette products, you should moderate your alcohol consumption. To keep your teeth healthy and look out for any potential indicators of developing new pockets, it’s crucial to schedule routine dental examinations.
This is particularly crucial since early intervention can save you from later needing more gum therapy.
Why choose us?
Here are some reasons why you should choose us for your gum therapy needs:
- Experienced and Caring Dentists: Our dentists have years of experience in treating various gum issues and are committed to providing personalised care to each patient. We take the time to understand your unique needs and develop a customised treatment plan that works for you.
- Advanced Technology: We use state-of-the-art technology and equipment to ensure accurate diagnosis and effective treatment of gum disease. Our team stays up-to-date with the latest advancements in dental technology to provide you with the best possible care.
- Comprehensive Services: We offer a wide range of gum therapy services, including scaling and root planing, gum grafting, and laser therapy, to address different stages of gum disease. We also provide preventative care and maintenance to help you maintain healthy gums in the long term.
- Patient Comfort and Convenience: We strive to create a comfortable and stress-free environment for our patients. We offer flexible appointment scheduling, and our team is always happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have about your treatment.
- Affordable Pricing: We believe that quality dental care should be accessible to everyone. That’s why we offer competitive pricing and accept various insurance plans to make our gum therapy services affordable for all.
Choose Every Smile Dentistry for Expert Gum Therapy in East London
Every Smile Dentistry Treatments
Every Smile Dentistry is a professional dental practice that includes General, Cosmetic, Aesthetic, and Emergency for you and your family with a team of experienced dentists and friendly prices.
Scaling is the process of removing calculus, or hardened plaque and tartar, from above and below the gum line. Additionally, the tooth root’s rough areas are smoothed off (planing). The bacteria are eliminated and a clean surface is created, allowing the gums to reconnect to the teeth.
After gum treatment, it is important to follow the instructions provided by your dentist or periodontist. This may include avoiding certain foods or activities, using a special mouthwash, and practicing good oral hygiene. It is also important to attend follow-up appointments to assess the effectiveness of the treatment and make any necessary adjustments.
The healing time after gum treatment can vary depending on the extent of the gum disease and the type of treatment performed. In general, it may take several weeks for the gums to fully heal. However, it is important to maintain good oral hygiene and attend follow-up appointments to ensure proper healing.
During gum therapy, the dentist or periodontist will typically perform scaling and root planing to remove plaque and tartar buildup from the teeth and gums. This may be done using a hand scaler or an ultrasonic device. Local anesthesia may be used to numb the gums and teeth. In some cases, antibiotics may be prescribed to help control bacterial infection and inflammation.
The key to the success of periodontal therapy is early detection and treatment of gum disease, as well as proper follow-up care. It is important to maintain good oral hygiene, attend follow-up appointments, and address any underlying health issues that may contribute to gum disease. Additionally, quitting smoking and maintaining a healthy diet can help improve the success of periodontal therapy.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT US
Don't just take our word for it.
What Are You Waiting For...
Make an appointment
Get a dental health checkup with a dentist that has your best interest in mind and offers fair rates.