Dental Fillings In East London: Book Now!
We offer a variety of filling options, including tooth-colored fillings for a natural-looking result. Don’t let cavities ruin your smile schedule your appointment with us today.
Providing Quality Dental Care With Experienced Doctors
Get a dental health checkup with a dentist that has your best interest in mind and offers fair rates.
1. Book An Appointment
Visit our website and book an appointment with one of our experienced dentists.
2. Come In For A Consultation
Our team will sit down with you and discuss your dental needs and goals.
3. Get The Perfect Smile
We’ll work with you to develop a treatment plan that will get you the perfect smile.
Book Your Appointment In A Few Steps
At Every Smile Dentistry, we believe that taking care of your oral health is essential for maintaining overall health and wellbeing.
One of the most common procedures we offer is dental fillings, which can help prevent further decay and restore the functionality of damaged teeth.
In this service page, we’ll cover the different types of fillings, who needs fillings, preparation for the dental procedure, benefits, aftercare, and FAQs with answers.
The various materials that can be utilized to fill your cavity will be covered by your dentist. The following materials, according to the South African Dental Association (SADA), are some of the most popular choices:
- metallic silver fillings: These are metal amalgams, which are composed of copper, tin, silver, and mercury. According to the SADA, this material is more cost-effective than other materials and more resilient than tooth-colored fillings. The mercury concentration may worry some people, but the SADA hasn’t found any medical proof that amalgam fillings are dangerous. Nevertheless, these fillings are being phased out.
- white fillings for teeth (composites): These are a combination of acrylic resin and glass or quartz particles. According to the ADA, this substance is strong and costs a little bit more than metal amalgams.
- amalgam fillings: Although more costly, this alloy of gold, copper, and other metals is highly strong. They don’t appear natural, either. Following the dentist’s imprint of your tooth, gold fillings are often created in a laboratory.
- ionomer glass fillings: These tooth-colored fillings are comparable to composites in strength, although they are less durable. They are constructed of fluoride-containing glass and acrylic, which can help prevent cavities. They cost more than amalgams and are frequently used on kid teeth.
- ceramic fillings: These cost almost the same as gold fillings but have a more organic appearance. After the dentist makes an imprint of your tooth, they are created in a lab.
Who Needs Fillings
Dental fillings are typically needed when there is decay, a cavity, or damage to a tooth. These issues can cause pain, sensitivity, and difficulty chewing or speaking.
If you experience any of these symptoms, it’s important to seek professional dental care right away. During a dental exam, our team can determine if a filling is necessary.
Here are some general steps you can take to prepare for a dental filling procedure:
- Consult with your dentist: Before the procedure, consult with your dentist about the type of filling you will receive, how long the procedure will take, and any aftercare instructions you need to follow.
- Plan your schedule: Make sure you plan your schedule around the procedure so that you have enough time to get to and from the dentist’s office and to rest after the procedure if necessary.
- Eat and drink appropriately: Avoid eating or drinking anything for at least 2 hours before the procedure. This is to prevent nausea or vomiting during the procedure. Also, avoid alcohol and caffeinated drinks.
- Practice good oral hygiene: Brush and floss your teeth before the procedure to help reduce the risk of infection. Your dentist may also recommend using an antibacterial mouthwash.
- Take prescribed medications: If your dentist prescribed any medications, take them as directed. If you have a history of anxiety or fear during dental procedures, your dentist may prescribe an anti-anxiety medication to help you relax.
- Examination and Evaluation: Before the dental filling procedure begins, our dentist will conduct a thorough examination of your teeth and gums. This may include taking x-rays to assess the extent of the decay or damage to your tooth.
- Anesthesia: Once the evaluation is complete, the dentist will administer a local anesthetic to numb the area around the affected tooth. This will help prevent any pain or discomfort during the procedure.
- Removal of Decay or Damage: After the anesthetic has taken effect, the dentist will use a dental drill or laser to remove the decayed or damaged portion of the tooth. This process is done carefully to ensure that only the affected part of the tooth is removed, leaving as much healthy tooth structure intact as possible.
- Cleaning and Preparation: After the decay or damage has been removed, the dentist will thoroughly clean the area to remove any debris or bacteria. The prepared cavity is then filled with the chosen filling material.
- Filling Placement: The dentist will then place the filling material into the prepared cavity. If a composite filling is being used, the material is placed in layers and cured with a special light. The dentist will shape and polish the filling to match the natural contours of your teeth.
- Bite Check and Final Adjustments: Once the filling is in place, the dentist will check your bite to make sure that it’s comfortable and doesn’t interfere with your ability to chew or speak. Any necessary adjustments will be made to ensure a proper fit.
Patients may experience some discomfort during the procedure, particularly when the anesthetic is being administered or the decayed portion of the tooth is being removed.
However, most patients find that the procedure is relatively painless, and any discomfort can be managed with over-the-counter pain relievers or prescribed medication.
Dental practices work to minimize pain and discomfort during procedures by using effective numbing agents and offering sedation options, such as nitrous oxide (laughing gas) or oral sedation.
Dentists may also use special techniques to minimize the amount of drilling required, which can reduce discomfort and preserve more of the natural tooth structure.
Patients should feel free to discuss any concerns they have with their dentist and ask about pain management options that are available.
Getting a dental filling can prevent further decay and restore the functionality of a damaged tooth. It can also improve oral health and prevent future dental problems.
By addressing dental issues early on, you can avoid more extensive and costly treatments down the line. Additionally, a filling can improve your quality of life by relieving pain and discomfort.
After getting a dental filling, it’s important to take proper care of the area to ensure the filling lasts as long as possible.
Patients should avoid eating hard foods for the first few days and maintain good oral hygiene by brushing and flossing regularly. If you experience any pain, sensitivity, or other issues, it’s important to contact our office right away.
Why choose us?
At Every Smile Dentistry, we understand that finding a reliable and trustworthy dental service provider can be a daunting task.
That’s why we strive to be the go-to dental clinic for all your dental needs, including dental fillings in East London. Here’s why you should choose us for your dental filling needs:
- Experienced and Highly Skilled Dentists: Our team of dentists have years of experience and are highly skilled in providing dental fillings. We use the latest techniques and state-of-the-art equipment to ensure that your dental filling is done efficiently and effectively.
- Personalized Treatment: We believe that every patient is unique and deserves personalized treatment. That’s why we take the time to understand your dental needs and recommend the best treatment options for you. Our dentists will work with you to create a customized treatment plan that meets your specific needs.
- Comfortable and Relaxing Environment: We understand that visiting the dentist can be stressful for some people. That’s why we’ve created a comfortable and relaxing environment to help you feel at ease. From our friendly staff to our comfortable waiting area, we strive to make your dental visit as pleasant as possible.
- Affordable Prices: We believe that everyone should have access to quality dental care, which is why we offer our services at affordable prices. We also accept most insurance plans, making it easier for you to get the care you need without breaking the bank.
- Convenient Location: Our dental clinic is conveniently located in East London, making it easy for you to access our services. We also offer flexible appointment times to accommodate your busy schedule.
At Every Smile Dentistry, we are committed to providing our patients with the highest quality dental care. Contact us today to schedule an appointment for your dental filling needs.
Dental fillings are a common and important dental procedure that can help prevent further decay and restore the functionality of damaged teeth.
At Every Smile Dentistry, we offer a variety of filling materials to suit your individual needs. If you’re experiencing dental pain, sensitivity, or other issues, don’t hesitate to contact us for a consultation. We’re here.
Every Smile Dentistry Treatments
Every Smile Dentistry is a professional dental practice that includes General, Cosmetic, Aesthetic, and Emergency for you and your family with a team of experienced dentists and friendly prices.
The lifespan of a dental filling depends on the type of filling material used, the size of the filling, and how well it’s taken care of. In general, fillings can last anywhere from five to 15 years.
During the procedure, you will be numbed with local anesthesia, so you should not feel any pain. After the procedure, you may experience some sensitivity, but this should subside within a few days
The cost of a dental filling can vary depending on the type of filling material used and the size of the filling. Our team can provide you with an accurate estimate during your consultation.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT US
Don't just take our word for it.
What Are You Waiting For...
Make an appointment
Get a dental health checkup with a dentist that has your best interest in mind and offers fair rates.