Teeth Cleaning: Preparation, Process, Advantages & Cost
Every Smile Dentistry provides professional Dental Care to make your smile look its best. We want you to be happy with your smile, so we are dedicated to making sure that your dental results are natural-looking, life-changing and long-lasting.
Providing Quality General Dentistry with Experienced Doctors
Get a dental health checkup with a dentist that has your best interest in mind and offers fair rates.
1. Book An Appointment
Visit our website and book an appointment with one of our experienced dentists.
2. Come In For A Consultation
Our team will sit down with you and discuss your dental needs and goals.
3. Get The Perfect Smile
We’ll work with you to develop a treatment plan that will get you the perfect smile.
Book Your Appointment In A Few Steps
All You Need To Know About Teeth Cleaning
Tooth cleanings are dreaded by many people. It’s simple to see their concern given the poking, unusual noises, and sporadically uncomfortable jaw. However, tooth cleaning is usually quick and painless.
You can reduce your stress and enjoy the minty-fresh outcomes more if you are fully aware of the procedure as it unfolds.
Knowing exactly what happens during the process can help you relieve stress and better enjoy the minty results.
What Is Teeth Cleaning?
Teeth cleaning is the process of removing plaque and tartar from your teeth.
Plaque is a sticky substance that forms on the teeth, which can cause gum disease, tooth decay and other dental problems.
Plaque also contains bacteria that can cause bad breath or even tooth loss.
Tooth cleaning can be done in several ways:
- Dental scaling and polishing: Scales are used to remove plaque from your teeth. Scales are effective but may not be as effective as other methods of cleaning.
- In-office scaling and polishing: In this method, a dentist uses an ultrasonic scaler to remove plaque and tartar from your teeth. This method is less invasive than taking care of your own teeth at home, but it still involves some risk because you need to wear protective gear while using the ultrasonic device.
- Dentist’s office appointment: If you want to avoid any risks associated with home cleaning methods but still want to get rid of plaque and tartar on your own teeth, you can schedule an appointment at the dentist’s office for a professional cleaning treatment involving ultrasonic scalers or other instruments used by dentists.
Steps To Take When Preparing For A Teeth Cleaning
- The first step is to schedule teeth cleaning appointment at your local dentist. If you would like you can start off by having an oral examination done. This will help you get an idea of how much time your appointment will take, and make sure you have enough time to get there and back on your schedule.
- Once you’ve booked your appointment, make sure to bring in any prescription medication or supplements that you’re taking. If you have any questions about this, ask the front desk staff at your location before going into the appointment so they can answer any questions that may come up during the appointment.
- Make sure to eat a light meal before heading to your appointment! Some dentists recommend eating something small like toast or a piece of fruit beforehand because it helps reduce swelling after procedures such as extractions or fillings are completed; however, if you don’t feel comfortable doing this, don’t worry about it! Just try not to eat anything too heavy before arriving at the dentist as it may make oral surgery more difficult for them (and for yourself).
Teeth Cleaning Step-By-Step Process
A complete Routine Dental Check-up and Exam includes:
- First, there is a physical exam. The dentist uses an instrument called a dental explorer to look for hidden cavities, gum problems, and other issues.
- Next, plaque is removed from teeth using an ultrasonic scaler or dental handpiece. This tool uses sound waves to break down plaque and remove it from the surface of teeth.
- Then the dentist will brush with a gritty toothpaste to remove any remaining plaque and polish teeth to help prevent future build-up.
- Next, expert flossing will be performed by your dentist, who will clean between teeth that are difficult to reach with regular flossing tools.
- Finally, you’ll rinse with water and apply fluoride treatment as needed to help strengthen enamel and prevent decay in the future.
Advantages Of Getting Your Teeth Cleaned
There are many advantages to having your teeth cleaned at the dentist. Here are some of the most important ones:
- Cleaning your teeth can help prevent cavities in your mouth, which are very painful and expensive to fix. By having your teeth cleaned regularly, you can avoid getting cavities and save yourself some money in the long run.
- Cleaning your teeth is also important for making sure that you have healthy gums and good breath. Having healthy gums means that you won’t get infections or even diseases from plaque buildup on your teeth, which would be bad for your overall health!
- Having clean teeth also helps keep them strong and healthy for longer periods of time because plaque bacteria can build up on tooth enamel over time if it isn’t removed regularly enough by brushing and flossing regularly (which we’ll teach you how to do here).
- Cleaning your teeth will also help prevent decay from developing in between your teeth or inside them if left untreated for too long by allowing bad bacteria access into areas where they shouldn’t be able to go!
Add Your Heading Text Here
Tooth Cleaning Cost
Cleaning your teeth is an important part of maintaining good oral hygiene.
It can be hard to stay on top of it, though—especially when you’re busy with work, family, and other commitments.
That’s why we offer affordable teeth cleaning services at Every Smile Dentistry with pricing that surpasses all other practices in South Africa.
Our most affordable option starts at R600 and goes up to R800, depending on the number of teeth to be cleaned and the type of cleaning desired.
We are available during normal business hours Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, or by appointment on Saturdays from 8:00 AM until 1:00 PM.
Every Smile Dentistry Treatments
Every Smile Dentistry is a professional dental practice that includes General, Cosmetic, Aesthetic, and Emergency for you and your family with a team of experienced dentists and friendly prices.
In order to remove bacteria biofilm on and between your teeth, our dentist will first scrape off any plaque from your teeth before cleaning and polishing them.
If it appears that your teeth are more likely to develop dental decay, we might also administer a fluoride treatment.
Children and adults should have a professional teeth cleaning and exam twice a year, according to the South African Dental Association.
Patients who have a history of periodontal disease or another oral ailment or disease that recurs may need more regular treatments.
You should clean your teeth after every meal, before bed, and in the morning. Additionally, you ought to use an antibacterial mouthwash and floss every day.
By doing this between dental cleanings, you can maintain the health of your teeth and gums. Never use hard-bristled toothbrushes since they might make your teeth sensitive and encourage bleeding gums.
Instead, replace your toothbrush every two to three months. Contact our dentist if you’re hurting your teeth. Waiting could worsen the situation, and early treatment is always simpler, less intrusive, and more affordable.
Dental cleanings maintain your teeth and gums healthy and clean, and they prevent the need for future, expensive dental surgeries.